This is a fun project that keeps another bit of plastic out of the landfill. Here are two finished versions of this project.
Empty and clean plastic coffee creamer container
Quilling strip (or strip of paper cut 3/8 inch wide)
Duct tape (optional)
Masking tape (cut into half inch pieces)
Paper to match or contrast with your quilling strip
1. Cut the rim off the creamer container.
2. Carefully cut the container into spokes. (Tip: Follow the indentations.) (Note: You could use a permanent marker and color the base of your basket--the creamer container--at this point.)
3. Tape down the quilling strip.
4. Begin to weave it over and under. (Tip: If you have an even number of spokes, skip two at the start of each round. That gives you a nice alternating woven pattern.)
5. Use bits of masking tape to hold down each new quilling strip row. Otherwise the qulling strip will side up, up and away!
6. When you are as high as you want to go, tape down the end of the quilling strip.
8. Peel off the duct tape and wrap it around your basket. Alternatively, glue a quilling strip around the top of the basket.
9. Decorate your basket with punched shapes and beads.
Ta-dah! Aren't you smart? (I know YOU are!)