Joanna Campbell Slan has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Taking Care of Yourself This Holiday Season

So often we take care of everything and everyone but ourselves during the holidays. I know, because I'm a poster child for trying to do too much. Right now, I've got a miserable cold, and I suspect it's from getting too little sleep and working too many hours.




The question seems eternal: "How do we care for ourselves, especially during the holiday season?"

One way is to listen to our needs, to make time for us. For those of us who work at home--especially those of us who are writers--it can be especially tempting to work around the clock and on weekends. That seems like a great way to get ahead, but eventually we pay the price in loss of enthusiasm, or burnout.

Making time for yourself pays dividends because it keeps you healthy in mind, body, and spirit. I find that crafting for others not only results in gifts that I like to give, but it also allows me a sliver of meditation space, time for myself.

With that in mind, I'm offering a FREE gift with the purchase of my new book, Handmade, Holiday, Homicide. The gift includes instructions, patterns, and images for thirteen crafty projects. Some are appropriate to do with children; some aren't. All are thrifty and don't require special equipment.

Here's the list:

* A trio of Christmas Carolers
* An Icosahedron Ornament
* Crocheted Necklace
* A Snowman Luminaria
* A Spa Basket


Scented bath crystals are relaxing and help you sleep at night.

* Fantasy Jars
* A Turtle Trinket Keeper
* Gingerbread Men
* A Quilted Glasses Case
* A Scrapbook Album in a Folder
* A Dollhouse in a 3-Ring Binder
* Mini Book Earrings
* A Book Garden


Included with the FREE gift are six yummy recipes!

But hurry...these are only available if you purchase your copy of Handmade, Holiday, Homicide on or before December 15, 2014 (the release date).

Grab your copy today:  http://www.amazon.com/Handmade-Holiday-Homicide-Lowenstein-Scrap-N-Craft-ebook/dp/B00PA26YL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417791560&sr=8-1&keywords=Handmade+Holiday+Homicide


8 comments:

Barbara T. said...

You are reviving my craftiness.

Malka E said...

sounds fun

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

What a great idea!

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Barbara, glad to hear it.

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Malka, it was loads of fun for me--and I think you'll enjoy it, too.

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Thanks, Marilyn!

Nichole Christoff said...

What a great post to read, Joanna, considering I treated myself to a massage this morning! You're right. Gotta take care!

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Nichole, otherwise we'll run ourselves ragged! You go, girl!